“Innovative Nutraceutical and Natural Colorants”
Natural Red Colorant- Capsi L
It is an innovative food ingredient rich in carotene. Capsi L helps to overcome malnutrition and vitamin (A and C) deficiencies. It is a concentrated liquid act as natural pigment or colour to use in processed food. It is extracted through the sophisticated state of the art biotech processes which involve solvent-free and environmentally friendly methods.
The targeted vegetable is Capsicum annuum L (red sweet pepper) which is distinctly different from pungent types. The developer composition has carotenoid pigments in their natural state (that is in bound form to proteins). Therefore, imparting greater oxidative stability to the product.
- The concentrate Capsi L works as a nutraceutical ingredient, composed of healthy antioxidants like carotenoids (β-carotene, capsanthin, ascorbic acid, phenolics, and flavonoids). These will help in alleviate chronic and degenerative diseases. Capsi L is a heat stable composition with highly stable bio-actives for above two years.
- It is a healthy alternative to synthetic colorants used in foods including sweets, ice creams, flatbread, rice preparations, and baked products etc.
- Used in the cosmetics industry
Natural colorant- Capsi P:
It is another stable colorant in powder form produced from Pomace of fruits and vegetables. Initial aqueous extraction is the major processing step followed by few sets of downstream operations to get a concentrated product.
- Used as a natural food colorant
- As a source of a dietary fiber concentrate
- Enhance carotenoid content and nutraceutical value of various bakery products, soups, sauces, and yogurts.